Melissa's Cuisine: Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies

It's strawberry season and it's warm outside, so Mike and I are enjoying many delicious smoothies.  Sometimes smoothies are our after-dinner snack, other times they're my breakfast or lunch, and sometimes we even have smoothies for dinner.  Mike and I both love smoothies, and I'm more than happy to whip up a fresh and healthy snack when we're in the mood. 

I rarely follow a recipe for smoothies.  Instead, I pour a mixture of yogurt, milk, and fruit juice into the blender.  Then I add in a few handfuls of whatever fruits we happen to have on hand.  Sometimes I'll even add in a handful of spinach or kale.  When Tina announced that this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge was smoothies, I was a little surprised--I honestly didn't realize that most people follow a recipe for smoothies.  I decided this would be a good chance to find out how other people make their smoothies, compared to my smoothies made with whatever I have on hand.

Photobucket
My first attempt was a failure.  Neither Mike or I liked it at all!  When I told Mike on Sunday night that we were going to try another smoothie recipe, he was not impressed.  He requested that I "make smoothies like you normally do".  He likes my smoothies :)  But, I had to complete this challenge and I had found another recipe that sounded fabulous--a Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie.  How could you go wrong with a name like that?

I found this recipe at Susan's blog, The Royal Cook.  She said it was a hit with her family, and I'm happy to say it was a hit with ours as well.  Mike said he wasn't too hungry when I made these, but he ended up drinking almost half of my smoothie.  I'd say he liked it!
ETA:  Thank you to everyone who voted for me.  My smoothie recipe was voted as the Ultimate Fruit Smoothie recipe for June's Crazy Cooking Challenge!
Photobucket

Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies
Makes 2 large smoothies

You will need:
1 cup vanilla yogurt (I used Greek)
1 cup milk
2 ounces cream cheese (I used Neufchatel)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 banana, frozen
2 cups strawberries, frozen
Combine all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.

Top with graham cracker pieces before serving, if desired.
Source: The Royal Cook

What is your favorite smoothie flavor?
Also, don't forget the ultimate recipe each month is the one that receives the most clicks.  Please click on the thumbnail picture for my recipe to vote for me!

31 comments:

  1. Great choice for this month! I chose the same recipe but from a different blogger, so we all know it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Looks so good. I love strawberry and cheesecake lol check out my choice #17 ccc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost chose a recipe like this! Yours looks and sounds amazing! I'll be trying it now for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this looks like it's a meal all in itself :) I bet it would be perfect along side a hamburger! Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! And I too just throw things together, but it's fun to try new recipes too! I have vowed to make smoothies once a day all summer long, breakfast or a dinner substitute on hot summer days and I can't wait to try ALL of the Crazy Cooking Challenge recipes from this month. Thanks so much for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you can ever go wrong with "cheesecake" in the title! =) Great choice for the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your smoothie looks so delicious! Anything with strawberry & cheesecake in it gets my attention. Thanks for popping by my blog (I'm #13).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds SO delicious! At least your 2nd round went great even if the first one was yucky!

    #31

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, anything with the word cheesecake in it has my heart! Sounds and looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've never tried a strawberry cheesecake smoothie. This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. bringing in dessert for a smoothie love it. #33 CCC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this sounds delicious. I may get my sweet to drink more smoothies if they are like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! This looks fantastic!! Mmm Mmm!!
    #43

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the graham crackers on top and I already know what a great combo the cream cheese is in a smoothie/shake, so I cannot wait to try this!

    I stumbled, pinned, tweeted, and FB'd your entry!

    <3
    #26

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made a Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie recently. It is so good with the addition of cream cheese!

    CCC #51

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You had me at cheesecake. What a fun recipe find. Thanks for sharing.

    #36 CCC

    ReplyDelete
  17. All these strawberry cheesecake smoothies are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If this really tastes like cheesecake I definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you liked it Melissa! It's our favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These smoothies look good! I would have never thought to put cream cheese in a smoothie. I have to try this! Stopping by from CCC#9.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmm, this sounds delish! I can't wait to try all these yummy looking recipes. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum, this sounds delicious. I would have never thought to add cream cheese to a smoothie. I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Come on over and check out the WINNER!!! :-)
    Yep, it's YOU!!! Your recipe was the MOST CLICKED on recipe from our challenge! Congrats!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2012/06/ultimate-crazy-cooking-challenge-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on being Most Clicke on CCC!! Can't wait to try this recipe!! #57 CCC

    Cups by Kim

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on being the most clicked on the CCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations for having the most view on the cooking challenge! I think your smoothie looks great and we will be trying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips